Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Joy Filled Thanksgiving

S. Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV)

O. I have read these many times in my life, but today they are new to me once again. I want to live a joyful life and have a blast as I am doing it. Last night was I laughed harder than I have in months and it felt good. My heart was full of joy and I was so thankful for my family and my life at that moment. I guess that a joy filled heart leads to prayer and thanksgiving. How can we not be filled with hope and peace when we experience a godly joy in our lives. But there are times that I must choose to be joyful and will with with hope. There are times when I must give thanks when things don't go my way. Why? Because God's will is for us to be thankful and full of joy and constant in prayer.

A. Today, I choose to be joyful and thankful for all that God's sends my way...for my family, for my time way to relax and for his beautiful creation that I get to enjoy today.

P. "Lord Jesus, fill me today with all joy and thanksgiving. Let me carry your heart with me in all that I do. Thank you for our time away as a family. I love you, Lord. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment