Monday, August 3, 2009

Hidden in Christ

S. Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God...And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:1-3, 17 (NIV)

O. My life has been "hidden in Christ". That means that my life should and will reflect the truth of who Christ is everyday of my life. If my life is surrounded by Christ (because I am hidden in Him), the only things that I should see and experience should be through the lens of Christ. Christ in a way is the filter through which I experience the world and see the world around me...my family, my friends, my experiences with others...everything is filter through Christ. So why is there any struggle with this? If I am "hidden" in Christ, why are their struggles to keep this prospective in my life. It is selfishness and pride and a wrong view of things around me. I need to keep my mind and my heart focused on Christ and all that is my through him. The result...all that I do and say and am will be done in the name of Jesus Christ, offering my live as an offering to God the Father.

A. Today, I want to see all that is around me through the filter of Jesus Christ. I choose to see my life from God's point of view and not my own. I will not be selfish and self-centered today...but will put Christ first and others before myself.

P. "Lord Jesus, I am so grateful that you surround my life. May I live this day in view of who you are in me. I love you, Lord! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment