Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Completing God's Work

S. "But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God."
Acts 20:24 (NLT)

O. I love this verse and for some reason, it really stood out to me astt I was reading yesterday. There should be no greater purpose in my life than to complete the work that God has for me...and in a nut shell that work is telling others about the good news of Jesus Christ. For Paul, it is what fueled his life every day. He said in Philippians 1 "For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain." He lived for Christ, to share Christ and to honor Christ daily in his life...and so should I!

But it is so easy to get caught up in my stuff and live for my desires and on my agenda. I am guilty of this many times in my life and I will be the first to admit that I have a hard time with surrender and giving up my things for the things and plans of God. But God truly knows that is best for me. He truly has a much bigger and fully and purposeful pain for me life than I could ever try to complete or promote on my own. My work, of which I am not to be ashamed (Romans 1: 16), is to speak the truth and love and mercy I know through Jesus Christ to others around me. Nothing else really matters. It is important that I maintain good relationship with people around me and build strong teams to help with ministry...but it all needs to be focused on the message and transformation of the gospel message. How long will it take to get this simple approach through my thick head?

A. If I want to make this a pattern for my life long term, what is on practical step I can take today and tomorrow to make progress toward this goal? This week, I will make it a proirity to share the gospel with at least one person. That is a starting point...Will you join me?

P. Lord, give me a passion to share the gospel with people around me. Let my life be a life of purpose in accomplishing your will and not my own. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment