Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Illuminating My Life

S. “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16 (NIV)

O. Well these verses are really in line with yesterdays verse about proving that you are a Christ follower and that your live has been rid of sins. These are about your life being a light to the world. This is such a simple concept, but one that must be understood in our lives. If we have the light of Jesus in us...there is no reason at all for us to hide that light. It should be our goal to spread His light in us to the world around us. We don't really have a choice. Light is very hard to contain...which illuminated...it will shine and pierce any and all darkness around it. So if there is light among us...what is the result. It is plainly stated in these verses. Our light is to "praise your Father in heaven" and to let others be drawn to Him. That is the ultimate goal...even the goal of our christian life... to help others know Jesus and to give God glory and praise through our lives.

A. My application is so simple as well. I will intentional make the light of Jesus shine into another person this week...and as I do I will lead them to the source of my light...Jesus Christ.

P. Lord Jesus, you are truly light to me. You have exposed my sin and have made me new from the inside out. You have been my light and now I want to be your light to the world. I open my live for your glory and honor every day. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. this scripture caught me too! i love it. And it struck up a memory of me as a child standing in front of my home church with the other kids singing "this little light of mine-im gonna let it shine!" without any reserve whatsoever

    ReplyDelete