Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Prove Christ is in You

S. "Prove by the way you live that you have really turned from your sins and turned to God." Matthew 3: 8 (NLT)

O. This verse is found in a section of scripture talked about John the Baptist. He was confronting the Pharisees and Sadducees on life of faith and belief in God. They thought they were safe in their relationship with God because they were relatives of Abraham. They thought there lives were okay because of their family history. There is nothing wrong with family history. I have been blessed with a tremendous family. Godly parents who brought me up in the Lord, a loving wife who supports my ministry and stands with me in my serving the church...children who are finding the joy of serving and using their talents for the Lord. I have been blessed.

But as wonderful and Godly as my family may be, I can't depend on them to make my relationship with God right. They are there to "make my way" to God...I must make sure that I pour myself into a personal and meaningful relationship with God. That is what John the Baptist is talking about. I wanted to make sure that when we have a personal life changing relationship with God is will show. And if it is real...it will be visible by people everywhere.

A. My life is a reflection of all that is in me. In the days ahead, it is my prayer and my intention to make my life count for Jesus Christ. I will live as open and authentic as possible and as I live in relationship with Jesus Christ, I will let Him be seen to the world.

P. "Lord Jesus, I want to reflect you glory. May my life be a window of your mercy and grace. May my life be a true reflection of who Jesus Christ is in me. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment