Sunday, January 3, 2010

Do What I Can!

S. "John answered, “The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same.” (Luke 3:11, NIV)

O. This verse is part of John the Baptist's early ministry. He was being asked about his preaching and the practical aspects of what he was teaching. He gives some simple instructions. Basically he says, "If you have something someone else needs, give it too them." Later in this passage is gives instruction to take only what is rightfully yours and not to coerce other to give you more than what you are entitled. Even more simply put...just be content with all that you have. This is a great teaching for our material society. We have so much and we need to realize just how much was have been given by our gracious God. And we ought to share with others.

A. God, when I see a need that I can meet, please move my heart and spirit and do what I can do!

P. Thank you God for the blessings of this life. Help me to be mindful of others who have great needs that I can meet. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment