Saturday, January 2, 2010

What Will I Tell?

S. "When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them." (Luke 2:17-18, NIV)

O. The shepherds were filled with joy as they told others about the birth of Jesus. I understood that Jesus was the fulfillment of prophecies from years before, and that he would had come to redeem the people of God. Notice that they obediently told the story...they were not in charge of what the reaction might have been...they were just to take the message. They response was great...people were amazed at what they heard, but it was because of the obedience of the shepherds.

A: I have talked about our obedient act of telling others about Jesus. Maybe we have not had angels coming to tell us about Jesus, but we have had personal encounters with him and can share these stories with others. This year, I really want to be bolder in my witness for Christ. I want to just tell my story with others and allow the Holy Spirit to work in them.

P. Lord, thanks for a story to tell. Thanks for working in my life and making my life full and rich and beautiful. Thanks for you loving me and sending me on a mission for you daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment