Monday, January 4, 2010

Getting Alone

S. "At daybreak Jesus went out to a solitary place." (Luke 4:42a, NIV)

O. Sometimes it is just nice to be alone. There are times that I feel this way in ministry. I love my calling as a pastor, but every once in a while I just need to be quiet and alone...to pray, to recharge, to reflect. These times may seem selfish to others, but I have learned that they only make me stronger and ready to face whatever might come my way in the future. Jesus took these times and cherished the opportunity to be with his Father, to draw from God's strength and wisdom. If I have learned anything as a pastor, it is the simple fact that I can't do what I do on my own strength. I just feed on my relationship with God and allow Him to fill me. That will require times of solitude and reflection.

A. I want to make a special point of getting away from things at least once a week, even if just for an hour.

P. Thank you Father for your love for me. I open my heart and life to you to be filled by you and strengthen with all of YOUR wisdom in my life and ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment