Tuesday, January 5, 2010

God's Direction

S. "Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.” (Luke 5:5,NIV)

O. I have always loved this verse. And once again, God used this verse to remind me of the importance of listening to Him and following his plan. Peter and his friends had been out in the boat all night fishing and caught nothing. Frustrating I am sure. This was their livelihood and to not catch any fish was not good. They were tired, weary and ready for a break. And Jesus comes on the scene. We know that God is always with us, especially evident in the times with our needs are most urgent. Jesus instructs them to put their nets on the other side of the boat. I am hear the conversation in their minds..."is he crazy...we have tried that side and nothing" or "who is he to tell us what to do...we are the one's out here fishing". Then the verse above...because you say so...that was enough for them. Jesus said it and they believed him and trusted him enough to do what seems ridiculous...and it worked. They couldn't bring the fish in...they had to call for help and then two boats were so full that they nearly sank!

A. Obedience to the voice of God is so vitally important in our lives. But obedience demands listening and attentiveness to God's voice and direction for our lives. We have to put ourselves in a position to here God's direction for our lives. This will require regular time in God's word and prayer. I commit myself to discipline my life in a way to be open to your direction.

P. Lord, I am all ears...speak to me today and everyday so that I might follow in your will...ALWAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment