Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Humble Heart

S. "Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth." (Numbers 12: 3, NIV)

O. What a statement! I could only hope that this could be said about me someday. I don't always see Moses as a humble leader. I view him more as a strong, authoritative leader. I think that there many people who don't understand that the best leadership comes from those who are humble at heart. With a humble heart comes service, acceptance, patients, love and forgiveness. With a humble heart comes strength that is dependent on a source of other then oneself. Spiritual leaders need to look to God for their ultimate strength. And that is what Moses did. His relationship with God was very unique. God spoke to him personally, face to face…

Listen to my words:
"When a prophet of the Lord is among you,
I reveal myself to him in visions,
I speak to him in dreams.

But this is not true of my servant Moses;
he is faithful in all my house.

With him I speak face to face,
clearly and not in riddles;
he sees the form of the Lord.
Why then were you not afraid
to speak against my servant Moses?
(Numbers 12: 6-8, NIV)

A humble heart will lead to much spiritual success and will lead other people to a relationship with God. That is the kind of leader that I want to be. One who looks to God for all guidance, wisdom and strength. One who serves and gives of myself to others. And one that ultimately leads people to Jesus Christ.

A. As I consider the true of God's Word and his example of a humble lead in Moses, I will evaluate my own life and the context of humility. I will continue to play my life under the mighty hand of God.

P. Lord, you know my heart and my desire to serve you with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. Please accept the offering of my life today and every day. Use my life to bring God glory and to bring others into a relationship with you. I love you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment