Monday, February 22, 2010

Power and Authority

S.  "The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, "What is this? A new teaching–and with authority! He even gives orders to evil spirits and they obey him." (Mark 1:27, NIV)

O. I love this story. Jesus is walking out of the temple and a demon who is lodged in a man cries out to Jesus. Even the demons understand who Jesus is and are filled with fear for what will happen to them. Jesus throws the demon out and draws attention to his ministry and his authority as the Son of God. Obviously, Jesus is the Son of God and the fullness of God is present in him…and as a result the demon…the evil one is scared. I got to thinking about this whole scene and how it applies to my life today. I guess the main thing for me in this passage is that I have the same power in my life that Jesus had in his life. If Jesus is in me and then, God's presence and power are in me. And it would seem logical that I could do things with the same authority and power in my life. That people would see a difference in my teaching and speaking and very life…a difference that would draw them to Jesus himself.

A. This only will happen in my live as I allow God to have full reign in my life. It will only come about as I live my life with less concern for me and more for the things of God. Today, I tune my heart to God.

P. Lord Jesus, I want so much for your power to be evident in my life. I want to be used as you servant each and every day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment