Sunday, February 14, 2010

Standing Up for Jesus

S. "I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus." (Acts 21: 13b)

O. I just don't know that I could say that…that I would be willing to die for the sake of Jesus Christ. I am ashamed of feeling that way…but when faced with the possibility of dying for Jesus, most people would choose to live. Why is that? It really does trouble me. First of all, most of time I am relatively safe environments. I don't think that I have ever been in a place where I was persecuted for my faith. Therefore, I really don't know what I would do if faced with a punishment for being a Christian. My travels to Russia have afforded me many stories of Christian persecution. Individuals who were put in prison and beaten for their faith in Jesus Christ. They stood strong in their faith, because they believed in the greatness of our God. They fully lived for Him. I guess that is what I need to do everyday and it is what I have been trying to do every day this year…put Christ first…order my live accordingly and face whatever consequences may come.

A. So how can this verse be made practice for the normal Christian? Are there ways that I am bond for the sake of the gospel? By living with a desire to glorify God in everything and in every way.

P. God, help me to face what every persecution comes my way with grace and humility. I pray for the Holy Spirit to give me boldness in all that I do! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment