Monday, February 15, 2010

Teach me, Lord

S. " Show me your ways, O Lord,
teach me your paths;

 guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long."


Psalm 25: 4-5, NIV

O. I can come before you, oh God, with great confidence and joy. I don't have to worry about what will happen when my life is hidden in you. I don't have to be anxious about my life and the circumstances when I am guided by your truth and your purpose. But God, I must be open to learning from you the truth by which I must live. I must open my life to you and allow my heart and mind to be transformed by your truth. Jesus said at one point, "The truth shall make you free" (see John 8: 32) and with the truth that only he can give to us, we can have freedom from the bondage of sin and be offered a full life. But the truth itself is not enough. I must yield my life to the truth and allow that truth to be my guide and to teach me the right way to live. This involved the surrender of our will and life to Jesus Christ. This involves becoming less in our lives and allowing Jesus to become more. This means that we place our trust and hope in God…and in God alone.

A. Once again I come to a place of full surrender. The life I live as a follower of Jesus is one that requires I surrender my will and replace it with God's will. My application is simple but extremely important today…surrender!

P. Lord Jesus, I offer my life to you today and ask that you accept my simple sacrifice today. Be my guide and wisdom as I travel through this day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment