Monday, March 1, 2010

Clear Understanding

S. "They came to Bethsaida, and some people brought a blind man and begged Jesus to touch him. He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man's eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, "Do you see anything?" He looked up and said, "I see people; they look like trees walking around." Once more Jesus put his hands on the man's eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly." (Mark 8: 22-25, NIV)

O. There are times in my life when I feel like this blind man. I come to a point where I can only seen shadows are what really is around me. At times things that are happening or unfolding aren't as clear as I would like them, but I have to trust in time that everything will become clear and fully understood. I guess what really is on my heart and mind today is Sarah Beth. Sometimes I look at this situation and it doesn't make sense. I ask myself why such a good person has been struck with such a horrible disease. It is like I am seeing only part of the picture or I am only partially understanding way this is happening.

But I have been in this situation before and I can rely on my God. While things might seem dim in my eyes now, I have to trust in Almighty God to help me understand all that He has in store. God's ways are higher than mine…God's ways of pure and right and holy. I must believe that God has a greater plan and purpose than what I can see. Paul wrote, "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known" (1 Corinthians 13: 12, NIV). What a comfort to know that one day, just like the blind man, I will see clearly God's purpose and plan!!

A. I know that I will see clearly one day and it will all make sense, but in the meantime, I will just place my heart and mind in the hands of God and ask for peace and understanding to guide my days.

P. Lord, My heart is heavy and hurting today, but I pray that your purpose and plan will be clear to me. Please let your peace fall upon Sarah Beth today…let you peace fall upon Kate, Mark, Jeremy and Jason…upon Dad, Christina, Dale and Martha…upon Leigh Ann and Blake, Luke and Max…upon Julie, Cassie and Emmie. Thank you for your unfailing love! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment