Tuesday, March 2, 2010

God Can

S. "But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us." " 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." (Mark 9: 27a-28, NIV)

O. I try so many things in my own strength…but I don't believe that God wants it that way. There are so many times went I exhaust my own resources, but fail to draw about the resources that God has offered to me. Maybe I don't draw upon the resources of God because I don't fully understand what He is offering to me. That is where the man in this scripture was. His son was filled with a demon that made him seize and convulse and foam at the mouth. Jesus witnessed the attack of the demon and the man was desperate. His statement is so typical of my response…"If you can". At times I limit my understanding of the abilities of God…about in so doing I underestimate what God can do. When I see God only matched up to my human abilities I don't see the full nature of God. God is all powerful, all loving, all knowledgeable…it created the universe in which I live and even created me.

A. I want to always respond to God in light of who HE IS and not in what I think He can be. I want to place my life FULLY in the hands of God and rely on his mighty hand to guide me in every way.

P. Lord, you created me and know my heart. Cleanse me today and allow me to see that ALL things are possible in your care. Amen.


 

1 comment:

  1. I was reminded in Bible study this week that if you want to keep in mind who God is and what he is capable of all you need to do is look at the names of God. There is the one name god gave to himself in Exodus and that is I AM. In addition other people called God names based on how he intervened in their lives.

    I loved this link. It helps you pray through the names and attributes of God in 30 days. It reminds me that he IS when I am not.

    https://www.navigators.org/us/resources/items/Thirty%20Days%20of%20Praying%20the%20Names%20and%20Attributes%20of%20God

    ReplyDelete