Wednesday, September 1, 2010

God...My Strength

S. “But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, “Let God be exalted!” Yet I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay.” (Psalms 70:4-5, NIV)


O. There is a place in our hearts to rejoice in the goodness of God. There is a place in our hearts for God to be exalted in every aspect of our lives. And even in a place of rejoicing and loving God and basking in His glory…there are still times I feel that I don’t deserve God’s love and presence and times that I need Him to pick me up and hold me…


I think when I stand in the presence of God’s goodness, it makes my life seem so small and insignificant. It also reminds me of my humanness and the struggles I have daily to love God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. The prayer at the end of this Psalm says it all for me. “Come quickly to me, O God…” and do what only you can do in my life. I have tried too long in my own strength…I just need all that God has to offer for me.


A. Over the past couple of years, I know that I have been trying too much in my own strength to “fix” things in my life. When I run out of my strength I am at a dead end…I can’t do anything else…but with God’s strength I can do more than I could ever imagine. He completes me and sustains me in everyway…so, I just need to rest in Jesus!


P. Lord, I am weak and you are strong. I come to you in need of your strength and wisdom and peace in my life today and everyday. I love you for being my all in all. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment