Monday, September 27, 2010

Getting It

S. "At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure." (Luke 10: 21)

O. This verse just jumped out at me this morning. I guess what really struck me was that God was pleased to reveal himself to the seeming lowest in society...the children. He was speaking about his disciples who had just returned from being on mission...They report all that God had done through them while they were out and then Jesus...the second person of the trinity speaks through the fullness of the third person of the trinity, the Holy Spirit, tells his joy over the little children understanding who he was...they were "getting it"! I am humbled by the fact that God chooses people like me use for his kingdom. I am floored when I "get it" and God's plan and purpose for my life is very clear. I love when others around me "get it" and move forward in the strength and peace of God as they walk through their lives. What joy is part of my life when this happens!

A. Lord, today, would you make your purpose and plan very clear to me? It is my desire to live in such a way that I fully understand what God is calling me to do and fully understanding how he has prepared me for his work.

P. Lord, I pray that my life and obedience to your will be bring your joy. May my life be a fragrant offering to you today and everyday. I love you, Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment