Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Physical and Spiritual Provision

S. Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? (Luke 12: 22-25)

O. These verse have always been very meaningful to me. They speak of God's provision in life...provision of our needs (and not necessarily our wants!). God has a divine plan for every aspect of his creation...every plant, animal and every human being...including me. This just blows my mind that the God of the universe has such a deep love and caring for me.

And for me it also goes beyond physical provision. I know for a fact that my God has ordained every day of my life. He has planned out every victory and joy...every movement of my life...every difficulty...everything has been planned by God (see Psalm 139).

If all is this true, than the gospel writer is so true in saying "who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" (vs. 25). I have heard it said that worry is mediation on the things in life that we are troubled with...so we just need to change the focus of our mediation! We need to mediate on the goodness of our God and the promise of his provision both physically and spiritual to live our life to the fullest.

A. So the reality is that every day is a day that God has placed before me to live for His glory. I need to spend time everyday mediating on the goodness and grace our my God and allow my mind to dwell on who He is!

P. Lord, you have given me so much in this life. Please help me to not put my trust in man, but in your truth. I give this day to you, and as you have provide ALL my needs, I live this day in full trust of who you are in my life. I love you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment