Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Power in the Blood

S. “They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.” (Revelation 12: 11)


O. I am just struck on the power of the blood of Jesus Christ. In this particular scene, there is war in heaven between Michael and his angels and the dragon and his angels and Michael won the battle and hurled the dragon to the earth (see vs. 1-10). The dragon represents the devil, Satan and his is defeated by the blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ. He was also overcome by the word of their testimony…the power of what God had already done and will continue to do you our lives.

Here is my point. If the blood of Jesus Christ and defeat Satan, they how much more should we believe that the blood of Jesus Christ can cleanse our sin and make us new in Him. Jesus Christ has power to change our lives for eternity! The issue for me is that I don’t always rely on that power in my life.

The last part of this verse speaks of their commitment. They would not back down as they life theirs lives for Christ and with His power…they did not love their lives..they were more concerned with living with the power of Christ…a victorious, full and transformed life.


A. There are too many times when I don’t live a victorious life in Christ. I tend to rely on my own strength and not allow his strength to be my sources of life. So, I guess the best application for me is to completely open my heart and life to the transforming power of Jesus Christ.


P. “Lord, thank you for dying on the cross…for shedding your blood for me…that I might have life…abundant and full life here on this earth and for eternity. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment