Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Our Best Guide

S. "For this God is our God forever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end." Psalm 48: 14

O. This is such a simple truth, but one that sometimes leaves our minds. God is unchanging in a changing world, in changing relationship and in changing experiences that are all around us. He will never remove Himself from the experiences of our lives and will always be present to offer his love and grace and direction. That is the other truth I love about this verse. God will be our guide to the end. Something interesting about following a guide...you have to trust that they know the way...you must submit to their understanding of a situation and follow there every lead...you must listen carefully to the way they lay out. With God as our guide, we are assured of one who knows our life and has our best intentions in might. The Psalmist tells us that God ordained everyday of our lives before we were born (see Psalm 139). I love that truth, because that means that we have one who is our best guide...one who will always have our best interest in mind.

A. Today is a day to live with the guidance of God leading our every step. It is a simply step of surrender to God's BEST plan for my life.

P. Loving God, I surrender my steps, my relationship, my ministry to you today and ask that I will be in line with Your will and way for my life today. Thank you for leading me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment