Saturday, December 11, 2010

White as Snow

S. “Come now, let us reason together,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." Isaiah 1: 18

O. I think that we are going to get some snow in tomorrow. I love the snow (except when I have to get out in it...which is all the time). I live to see the snow falling down, a field that is completely covered...so beautiful and peaceful. Here is prophet Isaiah describes our lives being made like the white snow...pure and holy only because of the sacrificial death of Jesus on the cross. Our lives are constantly stained by sin...we must be faithful to as forgiveness for our sins (daily!) and when we do, God is faithful and will forgive us of all sin. 1 John 1: 9 says, "
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." We can be made clean...just by asking. And when we are made clean, then we have a responsibility to live as though we are clean. To walk in the ways of Christ...to be constantly aware of opportunities to be like Christ in any and every situation. I am concerned that some people who say they are forgiven don't live a life that reflects such a wonderful gift from God. As a Christian, I want to point other to Jesus Christ, and I think we have no higher calling. We were created in the image of God and we are constantly being recreated by the gift of God's forgiveness through his Son Jesus Christ.

A. I want to live every day in a way that reflects the love of Christ to all around me...my family, my friends, my brothers and sisters in Christ...everyone!

P. Lord, you have created me for your glory...you have saved me by your grace...you are constantly renewing my life by your mercy. I pray that my life will be a vivid reflection of your awesome and powerful gives to me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment