Friday, December 17, 2010

Heirs of God

S. "So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir." Galatians 4: 7

O. I don't know what it is like to know have a family. I have been blessed with such a loving family over the years...parents who cared for me and nurtured my physical and spiritual growth, grandparents who loved me and encouraged me in so many ways. Aunts and uncles who have been supportive through their presence and direction in my life...in-laws who have taken me in as a son...and I have always been surrounded by a loving, caring church family as well. Now I have a family of my own...a caring, loving wife who has been so much support to me through the years, both personally and in my ministry...three sons who are smart, fun and growing in the Lord...I HAVE BEEN BLESSED BEYOND MEASURE!

So thoughts of being adopted are foreign to me. Perhaps the only way that I can understanding is to grasp the reality of my context and know that being adopted would bring someone into the kind of supportive environment that I have enjoyed all my life. We can be loved by God in even greater ways as a child of God...and get so much more than just being a son...we become heir of God as well. The thought of becoming an heir of God is overwhelming to me. As an heir, I receive the same things that Christ receives....meaning I can have the fullness of God in my life. How awesome is that! I carry around in my life the fullness of God through the power of the Holy Spirit. Every resource I need for life is available to me. I don't have to worry about being denied...because I am entitled to all that God has for me.

A. In our earthly life, someone has to die in order for us to receive an inheritance. Well, Jesus died on the cross and when He did, he made it possible for us to become the heirs of God...our inheritance is due us right now...and I need to live has one who have inherited such an awesome gift.

P. Lord, I am overwhelmed by the gifts...the inheritance that you give to me even today. I accept your grace and mercy today and will live my life as a reflection of this great gift. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment