Monday, December 13, 2010

How Great Is Our God

S. "Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness" Psalm 150: 2

O. This summer, my family and I went on an adventurous trip across the country. We saw the handiwork of God in places like the rolling hills of Kansas, the Rocky Mountains, Garden of the God's, the Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert, the southern region of Arizona peppered with large cactus plants and the Pacific Ocean. It was quite a trip and I think that I spoke about the awesomeness of God more than once. When I see creation, I marvel at God's handiwork. But that is not the only place where I see God's greatness. When I think about the human body, the intricate parts and how they all work together...it screams the greatness of our God. And then I think about my own life: My sinfulness that at time seems to be so apparent...my self-centered attitude that gets in the way of relationships and ministry...my neglect of important things in life and ministry and I wonder why God still loves me. It is overwhelming to think of the most powerful act of God. The giving of his Son Jesus...Immanuel, God with us...a gift that would culminate in Jesus becoming the ultimate sacrifice for my sin, making it possible for me to be loved an accepted by God. Jesus took my sin and disobedience and failures and made me whole and complete in Him alone! Now that is what I call greatness!

A. Today, I receive the great gift of forgiveness from my God. I will live in such a way as to give him praise with my life for his awesome gift.

P. Your greatness is awesome and wonderful...beyond measure. Your kindness to me, your sacrifice for me is overwhelming. As I receive your gift of mercy and grace, I recognize your greatness and your love for me. Accept the offering of my life! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment