Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Heavenly Father

S. "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him." (1 John 3: 1)

O. I love this verse! God's love for me is so great! It is overwhelming. I am sitting here pondering how to describe His love for me and words just can't express what God's love means to me. The verse says that we can be called the children of God. I don't know what it is like to be without parents. I have been surrounded by their lives many years. Even though my mother died several years ago, I still received much love from her and still do from my father. There is a comfort in knowing I am a child of my father. There is a sense of security is knowing that he is there. We can live in the comfort of knowing that God is our faith. He has fully adopted us into His family and we are called His. Those who trust in Him with their life, who accept his forgiveness and grace in our lives, are part of God's eternal family.

A. Today has been a great day! I am so blessed to have my family, my church family and my health to live and serve in his name. I will live today in the security of the love of my Heaven Father.

P. Lord, thank you for loving me as your own. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment