Saturday, December 4, 2010

Welcome the Children

S. “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me." (Mark 9: 37)

O. Who doesn't want to welcome a little child? I love to see all the children at church, especially at this time of year when they are excited about Christmas, the decorations, etc. Jesus says that the one who welcomes a children into his life, will also welcome him. It is that simple and that powerful. I see one of the main messages that Jesus is offering here is the simplicity to believing in him and also in God the father. Jesus came as a child, and some did not welcome him and understand him. When we welcome the gift of the Christ child into our lives, we welcome the very one who sent him...our loving God.

A. I want to live today and one who has welcomed the Christ child into my life. I want to live a servant of Almighty God today and everyday.

P. Lord, thank you for coming as a child. You could have some in many different ways, but you chose to come as a baby to this world...to love us and serve us. Thanks for giving all of yourself to me and all people. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment